Establishing a career path for artists with our European partners, such as our experiments with artistic support that allow young choreographers to spend time immersed with our European partners to become acquainted with dramaturgical approaches, transdisciplinarity, collective writing and audience participation.
Supported by european cultural partners, Le Gymnase establishes a career path for companion artists.
For this first experiment, Alexandre Goyer is our companion artist.
Aims are :
· To shape artist’s circulation
· To set an observation framework : white card with no residency pressure, production…
· To roll out experimentation and discovery axis for each companionship’s step.
This career path is built with artists who drive an organization and deploy their own artistic approach within their companies or collectives. It allows to tackle 2 training issues all along the companionship :
· To be immersed with experienced choreographers
· To understand project management and legal structuring
(to shape young choreographer’s choice).
At the end of the path, the companion artist is invited to make a mock-up, without results issues, in a safe professional environment, to be nurtured by his/her peers.
Le Gymnase CDCN Roubaix (France) drives this experiments with artistic support.
European partners are :
· Ballet du Nord (Roubaix, France)
· ICK Dans (Amsterdam, Netherlands)
· AREAL (Bucarest, Roumany)
· 3CL (Luxembourg)